As a restaurant manager you are host, entertainer and advisor to hotel and restaurant guests.
Your job includes advising guests on food and drinks, as well as being responsible for possible fulfilment of their wishes in connecting with allergies and intolerances.
Your prepare drinks at the bar and carve or flanbé dishes at the table. You also learn all about organising and delivering a smooth service flow down to the last detail.
What this career has to offer
Whatever the trends in gastronomy, be they in food, drink or events you will be involved. Working self-reliantly yet always as part of a team is the essence of gastronomy.
After completing your training, the world is yours to explore. Travel round the world on a ship or serve the most expensive wines in the best restaurants. Or maybe you want to run your own restaurant one day?
- 3 years
Areas during your apprenticeship
- Johann´s Restaurant
- Johann´s Bar
- chez Max Smokers Bar & Lounge
- Events office
- Banquet and catering service
- Regular attendance at college
- All school qualifications
- Good German (at least B1 level) and English skills
- A smart appearance
- Good manners
- Flexibility (shift work)
- Ability to work in a team and self-initiative
- Excellent service attitude towards guests
We offer you
- Dual training (practical and theory)
- Courses with internal and external trainers
- Special examination training (if you would like it)
- Participation in competitions (e.g.: Junior Championships)
- An apprentice parents’ evening (which is planned, coordinated and organised by the apprentices)