You will learn to deal with food professionally, from origin to processing to preparing a complete dish. Having expert knowledge at your fingertips, such as nutrition rules or hygiene regulations, is likewise part of this job profile.
You will also learn the components that make up the price of a meal, how to cost an event correctly, and how to create your own dish or entire menus.
What this career has to offer
Here, creativity and initiative are called for. Discover the world´s delicacies and experience a wide range of (culinary) cultures. Specialise in nutrition physiology or head your own brigade o kitchen staff. Wherever the path leads you, action is guaranteed.
- 3 years
Areas during your apprenticeship
- Johann´s Restaurant
- Banquet and catering service
- Regular attendance at college
- All school qualifications
- Good German (at least B1 level) and English skills
- A smart appearance
- Good manners
- Flexibility (shift work)
- Ability to work in a team and self-initiative
- Excellent service attitude towards guests
We offer you
- Dual training (practical and theory)
- Courses with internal and external trainers
- Special examination training (if you would like it)
- Participation in competitions (e.g.: Junior Championships)
- An apprentice parents’ evening (which is planned, coordinated and organised by the apprentices)