As a hotel manager you will gain insights into all hotel operations and routines.
You will receive guests from all over the world, attend to their diverse concerns throughout their stay and arrange for appropriate offers and invoices.
Your duties in the hotel will also include preparing and checking rooms and the cleaning work involved. You will also help with events and will be involved in everything from planning to execution.
To round off the experience of hotel management, a traineeship in this field also includes serving meals and drinks.
What this career has to offer
You will have a great deal of contact with variety of people, both guests and members of your own team. No two days are the same, variety is guaranteed. A traineeship in the hotel management opens up diverse career opportunities all over the world.
After completing your training, discover the world in the finest hotels, receive stars and celebrities on their travels or run your own business in the future.
- 3 years
Areas during your apprenticeship
- Johann´s Restaurant
- Johann´s Bar
- chez Max Smokers Bar & Lounge
- Events office
- Banquet and catering service
- Sales and marketing office
- Regular attendance at college
- Intermediate school-leaving certificate, A level standard or similar qualifications
- Good German (at least B1 Level) and English skills
- A smart appearance
- Good manners
- Flexibility (shift work)
- Ability to work in a team and self-initiative
- Excellent service attitude towards guests
- Dual training (practical and theory)
- Courses with internal and external trainers
- Special examination training (if you would like it)
- Participation in competitions (e.g.: Junior Championships)
- An apprentice parents’ evening (which is planned, coordinated and organised by the apprentices)